Thursday, April 7, 2016

Christian Louboutain Nail Polish


So, for our wedding anniversary, my husband got me the nail polish I've been wanting since forever: the Christian Louboutain Rouge Louboutain nail polish. Priced at $50 USD, you're pretty much paying for the designer name and the most amazingly awesome bottle on this earth. 

For those unawares, the red is the same color as the famous soles of the Louboutin heels. 

From my blog post on the Killer Heels museum exhibit
So of course I painted the "soles" of my fingernails red:


The review: It's a great nail polish. You only need one coat and the color is a bright red. In fact, it's my favorite red. In fact, I already own this exact shade in another brand (I've tested it). So if you love the color, but want it for $5-7 bucks, get that. The Louboutin polish is Toxic-Trio-Free. The bottle is quite large, so you do get a lot of it. For those of you who love beautiful bottles and beautiful objects and beautiful design and packagaing, I would recommend. The bottle is pretty amazing. For nail-polish aficionados, I'd say it's a great nail polish. I've read negative reviews saying it goes on thick. I disagree. If someone is used to runny, watery nail polishes, I could see why one would be bothered by the low viscosity--but it doesn't go on "thick." With one thin layer, you've completely coated your nail.  



11 comments:

  1. I dig your claws! That is one epic bottle! Happy aniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooooooooooooh that is a fancy nail polish! I envy your natural nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I used to do my own acrylic sets, but I couldn't stand the feeling of big clunky nails. I should do a post on how to grow natural nails...

      Delete
  3. wwwwoooaaaaah!!! I've seen this package before but didn't know what it was. It's perfect, and the idea with your nails fits it right in! So cool!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah you kind of have to do the red sole manicure right

      Delete
  4. Really nice mani! :) And that packaging is really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh gosh, it's a beautiful bottle - I love the classic red underside manicure. I've been trying to grow my nails this year (I'll be going back into clinics in July, so no polish or length), but I'm too brutal to them to stay at your length for long. Happy anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got time till July! Enjoy your time off

      Delete
    2. You've got time till July! Enjoy your time off

      Delete
  6. Your nails look so cool. That bottle looks beautifully dangerous.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those nails are awesome! Also the fact that one needs to apply that nail polish only once is great. :) I haven't used any nail polish for quite some time because I have been annoyed about being forced to apply it many times and still I usually demolish it in less than two days. -_-

    ReplyDelete