I kind of like that she started with the questions first, so I'm doing that too.
1. Post the award on your blog.
2. Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to their blog.
3. Write 11 random facts about yourself.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers who you feel deserve this award and who have fewer than 200 followers.
5. Answer 11 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 11 questions.
1. When and why did you start blogging?
I've always had an online presence somewhere, but the origins of this blog are similar to the origins of other blogs during that time period. I'd just finished my masters degree and couldn't find a job. I also had too much time on my hands. Dark fashion and fashion in general is an interest of mine, and my sister (she's a fashion designer) and I wanted to blog together. She never really did, but I continued onwards. lol and I find not many people in my social circles want to talk on and on about dresses and shoes and whatnot.
2. What kind of music are you into?
Lately it's been a lot of local hipster bands and surf rock. I've also been on a world folk music kick...Russian, Indian, Greek, Mexican.
3. How would you describe your style of dress? I'm all over the place, but the closest stereotype would probably be haute goth. While my hair grows out in its boring natural shade, I'm doing more chic urban styles and staying away from subculture looks for some time. It's a pet peeve of mine when I'm not pulling off a look from head to toe, so if I've got boring natural hair, the rest of me has to match. this pisses me off.
4. What religion or philosophy do you ascribe to?
None. If we could replace every religious building with a school, every religious text with a science book, we'd be better off. If I have to check off a box in this category, it'd probably be nihilism or marxism.
5. What is your favorite TV show, film, video game or theatrical production?
TV show: Arrested Development, Film: Beetlejuice, Video game: Heroes of Might and Magic; Final Fantasy 8 (ok i can't just pick one); Theatrical production: Too Much Light Makes the Baby Go Blind (worth seeing if you are in Chicago or NYC)
6. What other hobbies do you participate in, besides blogging? I've got a 20-gallon fish tank I'm aquascaping, and I do thread crochet. I'm also writing another book, and I play tabletop roleplaying games. I also do yoga. Also learning calligraphy. I'm a proud dilettante.
|The doily I made|
|A scene from my aquarium. If you follow me on instagram, you know all about my shrimp, fish, snail, plankton...etc|
7. Are you apart of a subculture, if so what and how has it affected your life?
No, I don't really have the time for it.
8. If you could change one thing about you what would it be? I wish I could focus on stuff more. I'm always daydreaming....
9. If you could change one thing about the world what would it be? more income equality. less greed.
10. What colors have you dyed your hair? All of 'em.
11. Are you an introvert, extrovert, or ambivert? I try! but so socially awkward.
11 random facts about me:
1. I used to write restaurant reviews
2. I've got heart problems and had to be in the "special" gym class growing up because my mom didn't want me doing physical activity. Even today, she still doesn't want me exercising. lol.
3. I took the SATs as an 8-year-old and scored in the higher percentiles. Don't be too impressed because I pretty much got the same score when I took it again as an 18-year-old.
4. I was on the math team, though I'm terrible at basic arithmetic (math team had a lot of complex tricky problems, which I loved). I can't remember anything and my short-term memory isn't all there...
5. ...I'm also face-blind. I can't recognize faces, including my own. I can tell people apart by how they dress/walk, but there are some people so average that they're basically invisible to me. Or if someone changes their appearance drastically. I have to make a lot of "oh I didn't see you!" excuses in the office. I usually just keep my head down and don't make eye contact so I don't offend anyone by snubbing them.
6. I love cacti and would love to go to a natural desert. I've never been to one.
7. I've never lost a game of chinese checkers
8. I'm deathly afraid of the ocean. though I go to the beach all the time and love it, I'm absolutely terrified of the water.
9. I've owned 2 cars in 3 years and crashed both of them. Have never driven since.
10. I always, always wanted to get involved with high school/college lit magazines, but could never navigate through the social politicking needed to land a space on the boards. The visual art clubs welcomed me with open arms, and I somehow ended up helping to manage a gallery space at the university.
11. don't have any tattoos and probably never will.
So here's where i nominate people:
And these are my 11 questions. Since I work with books, I thought it might be fun to make them book-centered.
1. What is the title of your biography?
2. Is it an autobiography or did you get someone else to write it? If so, whom?
3. What's on the cover? If illustrated, who illustrated it?
4. Seems your biography has some photos in it. What are they of?
5. Hey, good news! Seems like someone important is providing a blurb quote for the cover. Who is it and what do they say about the book?
6. What are some of the chapter names in the book?
7. your biography has an index. What's under the letter G?
8. Who is thanked in the acknowledgments?
9. What kind of a book is it? Photography monograph? A tell-all expose? Stream-of-consciousness word jazz? An academic monograph with multiple indexes, endnotes, bibliography, further reading, etc?
10. Your readers are shocked to know that....
11. For some reason your book's selling well in France. Why do you think that is?