Wednesday, March 5, 2014

Liebster Award

So I've been tagged by Liberty Fox of Where Foxes Say Goodnight (she's also cataloging different types of alternative fashion...worth a look on her blog!) for a Liebster Award. Thanks! Here are her questions:

1. Who would you love to see in concert? (Even if they are dead now, who would you go back in time for?).
NIN in '99. This was before online ticket sales and I waited 4 hours in line to see them...was first in line. They did the lame raffle thing, and by the time it was my turn, all the shows were sold out. I'd later see them in 2005, but the Fragile was still my favorite album. 

Also Stiffs Inc, the beginning and end of Victorian punk, almost 20 years before the steampunk thing took off. Way ahead of their time and a shame they called it quits. 




2. Where is one place in the world you would love to see/travel to ?
Being a manga/anime nerd, Japan. Also Easter Island. Antarctica.

3. What is your favourite colour (other than black)? Pine green

4. What are your obsessions? What gets you out of bed in the morning and keeps you up until late at night?
Playing videogames. I can play 15 hours straight. 

5. What would be your ideal pet?
D'aww I miss my cat. I'd love to have her back.

6. What tips do you have for newbie bloggers? Aka, what do you think makes your blog successful?
I can tell you why my blog ISN'T successful. No clear brand (how am I skuzzlite, 1066X30, mutant stomp friends...etc all at once?!) or focus...no clear identity. Yeah, it's mostly dark-fashion focused, but then again there's this post, posts about my weekend, long expository posts on gaming. Who's the audience? Do I write for them? Well, I'm a little more higher-end fashion focused (so more designer stuff instead of Nightmare Before Christmas backpacks), but my tone is completely contradictory LOL!!!! I also don't post enough to draw regular visitors. 

While that's why my blog isn't successful, I wouldn't say it sucks. I think I have a more original POV, create original content, and have big, nice photos. The most important thing is good content. 

7. Favourite song?
Foetus: Water torture. I love every Foetus album ever. There are entire years of my life where I only listened to Foetus. There are dozens of us! Dozens! 




8. Person/thing/being you always wished you could be. A mermaid? Siouxsie Sioux? Susan Sto-Helit?
A ghost with ghostly powers. More a monster from a fairy tale than Casper. I guess I'll see eventually! Either that or cyborg. I shall be a ghost in a shell.

9. Is goth a really big part of your lifestyle> Do you eat, sleep and breathe goth, or occasionally lounge around with fluffy bunny slippers? (Or both): I'll assume you use the term "goth" loosely. In that case yes. While I don't spend my days ironing Cure patches on my couch cushions, most of my time is spent doing dark (dorky) things.

10. The person you are most proud of: my graduating class in my masters degree. We've gone on to do great things.

I'm late in the game for this, so I'm not going to tag anyone. 

7 comments:

  1. Wow, that sucks about the lottery! It seems really rude to do that after people waited so long!

    I will check out that band.

    Ha ha I say I will haunt people when I die but I think I might go to rest instead. Who knows. If we both turn into ghosts we should have a ghost blogger meetup. Ha ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the second song! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, I had fun doing the Liebster award last year :D
    Thanks for introducing Stiffs Inc to me!!!!! I absolutely love the song you´ve posted, and it is so much better and post punky than the steampunk crap which I despise.
    I´ve missed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  4. TAAAGGGG ANYWAAAAYYYYY

    I just came back from a NIN concert, funnily enough. That guy sure loves his light shows... my retinas...

    ReplyDelete